Legal Director, Manchester
Having trained and practised at national and Legal 500 firms, Mubarik is a highly regarded commercial litigator and is recognised as a “Recommended Lawyer” by Legal 500.
Mubarik has a wide range of litigation experience, but has a particular specialism in professional negligence, financial mis-selling claims and contractual disputes. He regularly deals with high value, complex and multi-party litigation.
He has been involved in a number of significant professional negligence cases, including multi-million pound negligence and fraud cases against solicitors and valuers. He has also acted for individuals and SME’s against major Banks involving interest rate hedging products (“Swaps”) litigation and commercial loan facility disputes (including topical RBS “GRG” related disputes matters).
Mubarik acts for individuals, commercial and Plc clients on a range of commercial disputes. Mubarik has also previously been asked by a national newspaper journalist for assistance on reviewing the evidence and merits of a proposed (and ultimately published) article relating to financial investment schemes involving football players and managers.
- Halsall and others v Champion Consulting and others – acted for the claimants in a £6M claim arising out of tax avoidance schemes. This widely reported case is believed to be one of the first claims of this type to reach the courts.
- O’Hare v Coutts – complex financial portfolio management and investment case involving a review of the legal standard of care test in financial mis-selling cases.
- Various High Court negligence cases against banks (Barclays, Natwest etc) in respect of interest rate hedging products mis-selling (two settled cases just prior to trial in 2016)
- Mortgage Express v Various Solicitors and valuers – large scale multi million pound professional negligence & fraud claims against various solicitors and valuers in respect of property purchase /mortgage fraud involving hundreds of buy to let property portfolios.
- Morgan v British Gas – negligence claim against British Gas regarding a boiler explosion.
- Phillp Bell v Eric Brown – reported case relating to vexatious litigants.
- FS Legal – 2017 to present
- Berg – 2015 to 2017
- Walker Morris LLP – 2013 to 2015
- Cobbetts LLP – 2009 to 2013
- Pannone LLP – 2001 to 2009